Monday, April 9, 2007

Try del.icio.us it's Yummy!

If you aren't already familiar with the social bookmarking Web 2.0 tool del.icio.us, I highly recommend you check it out. With a del.icio.us account you can bookmark Websites and access your bookmarks from any computer. This is great for me because I work on a lot of different computers and my del.icio.us account allows me to find my Websites wherever I am. I can also share my sites with students and teachers, while still keeping some sites private. Finally, I can also look at and follow other people's del.icio.us Websites which often leads me to great Websites that I would never have found on my own. The Library and Technology department in Brookline is also working on a system-wide del.icio.us Website. If you want to learn more, go to http://del.icio.us and/or watch the screencast below which shows you how to get started.

3 comments:

emapey said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I am Eduardo Peirano and we are friends in Ning's Library 2.0 community.

I think that Del.icio.us is one of the most useful Web 2.0 tools. It facilitates:
- saving online your bookmarks
- promoting your bookmarks
- finding bookmarks from other users (they are searching for relevant sites for you)
- networking with other users who are in your network

My post
Eduardo Peirano :: Weblog :: Using Del.icio.us in Education includes several useful links. This is one of my popular posts in Del.cio.us.

By the way, I have added you to my Del.icio.us network. I am emapey in Del.icio.us.

I hope my comments support your views about Del.icio.us

Eduardo

Anonymous said...

I recently signed up for del.icio.us but am still not sure how to utilize it for social networking. Any advice?

Liz B Davis said...

Donna,
You might want to look at my post on Networking with Delicious for more information about using delicious as a social network:http://edtechpower.blogspot.com/2008/02/networking-with-delicious.html Or, if you are really looking for a social tagging space try Diigo. I wrote about it here: http://edtechpower.blogspot.com/2008/03/one-for-tuesday-3-25-2008.html