Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Two For Tuesday: 11-6-07

I've compiled all of the Two For Tuesdays (and will continue to do so) on the WHS Wiki page.

1. Evaluating Websites - A quick and dirty way to grade a Website
Thanks to Deeth Ellis, our librarian, for alerting me to this great blogpost and excellent resource for evaluating Websites. You can read about it here.
Check it out, it could be a really useful tool for a research project!

2. Podcasting resources -
All Mac computers come with GarageBand software which can be easily used for podcasting. I've created some How To Movies to get started with GarageBand:

I am going to be presenting at the MassCUE technology conference on Thursday, November 14th on Book Review Podcasting. I have been assembling resources for the presentation on a wiki. This is a work in progress (until the 14th). I'll be adding my slide show and other resources as I finish them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On your ways to do a podcast though Grarge Band, do you have any simple way to put together such a podcast by recording two people speaking over skype? Also are there ways to clip audio from newscasts and then use those in your podcast?

Liz B Davis said...

Yes, I believe you can record in Skype and save it to be posted as a podcast. I also recently learned about www.gabcast.com, which allows you to record a conference call and post it directly from Gabcast to your blog.

I think if you want to mix in audio from other sources you would need to use something like Garageband or Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ (which is free). You would have to be careful about copyright issues when using audio from a newscast.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, First of all for those who are looking for ways to record a skype call, please check out the webcast academy (http://tinyurl.com/227vrx) for tutorials and the like.

Thanks for the great resources on podcasting - I am putting together a set of resources for the Quebec Education Program English language arts program and the wiki presentation will certainly be cited! Am enjoying your blog! Great stuff, Sharon Peters