Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two For Tuesday 3-18-2008

1. Drop.io: Drop.io is like an electronic in-box. Set up a drop and your students can hand in their papers and projects electronically. It is also a great way to share documents and media with a group. Drop.io describes itself this way: "Drop.io enables you to create simple private exchange points called "drops." The service has no email signup and no "accounts." Each drop is private, and only as accessible as you choose to deliberately make it. Create multiple drops, add any type of media, and share or subscribe as you want." I've embedded a drop.io box on the right column of my blog. (It is working now.)

2. Blabberize: Press play, it speaks for itself. This was easy to create and you can try it out without signing up. If you sign up you can make the picture private, so that it only appears where you put it.

6 comments:

Laura Beckham said...

Hey Liz, Dropped you a .mov file. Did it come through with sound?

Becksintex

Liz B Davis said...

Laura - Yes I got it. It took a while, but the audio is fine. Thanks.
-Liz

Anonymous said...

I have tried to add it to my blog and couldn't. Do you know how to embed drop.io to wordpress?
Thanks,
Sabrina

Devon Adams said...

My favorite thing about drop.io is it let's you FAX!! I can have a file on my computer, upload to drop.io (free) and then type in the fax number. Don't you know, but the thing sure does print out on the other end!!

Robin Young said...

Thanks for sharing drop.io. I am showing this to some teachers who want to be able to have kids tunr in papers online.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.