Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just Blog It!

I have been so lame about blogging, that I just got off the couch and decided to write something, anything just to get myself going again. Here are a few things that are going on with me these days.

1. School just started and I am once again teaching digital journalism. So far it is going well (we've only had two classes). Two new things I'm doing - starting each class with 8 minutes of writing and planning to do more actual journalism (not just learning about it, but doing it).

2. I'm heading to Shanghai on Sept 11th for a week to facilitate a strand of the Learning 2.01o conference. My cohort will be looking at social media in education. I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm also a little nervous. I'm really not a world traveler. I've never been to Asia. This should be a really interesting and challenging experience.

3. I was recently elected to the MassCUE board. The annual conference is fast approaching and I'm looking forward to attending with a different perspective. I'm also looking forward to being a part of this organization.

OK - It isn't a fancy post. No images or big messages, but at least I got something out there.

It is great to be in a profession that offers so many fresh starts. May we all have one this year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. I am replying while sitting on my couch. Have a safe trip to Shanghai and a good year at Belmont Hill!

poulingail said...

Thanks for sharing this, Liz. You have been missed. Good luck in your great adventures, both new and old.

Unknown said...

One of the things I love most about teaching is the constant fresh starts. I look forward each year to improving what I did last year. Good luck on your revisions to your journalism class!